Why Should I Convert to LED Lighting?

LEDs Indoor and Outdoor

As builders and homeowners alike consider options for saving energy, time and money, there continue to be many questions in the marketplace about LED lighting as an alternative to other forms – compact fluorescent, incandescent, solar. . .

This brief writing from the inside front cover of Lighting Valley’s recent publication “LEDWORLD, Why go LED?” may clear up a few questions for you. .

_____________

  • LONG LIFE OF BULBS: The operational life of current LED lamps is 50,000 hours. This is 5 years of continuous operation, or 10 years of 50% operation. The long operational life of a LED lamp is a stark contrast to the average life of an incandescent bulb, which is approximately 2000 hours.
  • ADDRESSING INACCESSIBILITY PROBLEMS: If the lighting device needs to be installed in an inaccessible location, using LEDs would virtually eliminate the need for routine bulb replacement.
  • REDUCED COSTS: Price comparisons. . .With incandescent bulbs, the true cost of the bulb is the cost of replacement bulbs AND the labor expensed and time required to replace them. These factors are especially significant to costs where there are a large number of installed bulbs such as the case in office buildings and skycrapers. These issues can be virtually eliminated with the LED option.
  • REDUCED ENERGY CONSUMPTION: The key strength of LED lighting is reduction in power consumption. When designed properly, an LED circuite will approach 80% efficiency. This means 80% of the electrical energy is  concerted to light energy. The remaining 20% is lost as heat energy. Compare this to incandescent bnulbs that operate at about 20% effic iency (i.e. 80$% of the electrical energy is lost as heat). . .
  • TALKING IN REAL DOLLARS: In real money terms, if a 100 Watt incandescent bulb is used for 1 year, wiah an electrical cost of 10 cents per kilowatt hour, $88 will be spent on electricity costs. Of the $88 expense, $70 will have been used to h eat the room, not light the room. If an 80% efficient LED system had been used, the electricity cost would be3 $23 per year – a $65 cost savings per year on electricity AND when you consider that most incandescent bulbs blow out within 12 months, requiring replacement where LED bulbs can last for as much as a 10 years….LED lighting might be a good option for your home or office. . .

Learn more about LED lighting at Lighting Valley Ventura, 2439 South Victoria Avenue, Ventura, CA 93003, 805-642-2700, lightingvalley@gmail.com or call Area Rep, Freda Ramey directly at 805-612-3181 to arrange a demonstration. . .for on-line images and specifications, visit us at www.lighting-valley.com and search the following item codes. We highly encourage you to drop by to meet us at our Ventura location and ask for your very own copy of “LED WorldWhy go LED?. . .

  • LB0 111 – High power LED Retrofit. . .recessed lighting fully equipped to simply install in a regular socket. 13 watts equivalent to 75
  • MR16-3W.. . .3 watts equivalent to 20 for landscape fixtures and recessed cans (2 inch wide/2 inch height)
  • MR16-6W . . .6 watts equivalent to 35 for landscape fixtures and recessed cans (2 inch wide/2.5 inches in height)
  • MR11-3W. . .3 watts equivalent to 20 (1 inch wide/1.5 inch height)
    • note: one of the key distinctions between the above three is their physical size to accomodate a given fixture size (aside from the difference in wattage between the 3 and 6 watt bulbs.
  • PAR36-6W. . .6 watt equivalent to 20
  • PAR36-9W . .9 watts equivalent to 35
  • PAW36-12W . . .12 watts equivalent to 50
  • PAR20 . .9 watts equivalent to 40 to 45 watts
  • PAR30 . . .13 watts equivalent to 60 to 65
  • PAR38. . .18 watts equivalent to 65-75
  • PAR20 dimmable. . .7 to 40-45
  • PAR30 dimmable. . .11 to 60-65
  • PAR38 dimmable. . ..16 to 65-75
  • LED Driver . . .to smoothly run your new LED lighting system
  • LED outdoor Flexible Tape Light . . .for outdoor decor in a comfortable canopy covered seating area or under a patio counter
  • LED indoor Flexible Tape Light . . .for under cabinets, under bars or for you to be creative!

Again….for details on any of the above LED bulbs and more….come for a visit OR check out these items at www.lighting-valley.com! Preferably, you’ll do both!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s